In any professional kitchen, you are likely to find catering equipment that has been installed and used elsewhere before being put to perfectly good use in its current workplace.
Second-hand catering equipment – especially that from top of the range manufacturers – is particularly robust and serviceable, providing many years’ of faithful service in a variety of locations.
Not only does reconditioned and refurbished catering equipment typically provide a cheaper alternative to buying brand new – with savings of up to 60% – but it also offers a more sustainable solution to re-use equipment such as dishwashers and glass washers rather than scrap them when they are no longer needed.
If money is a constraint when fitting out your kitchen – and even when isn’t it – then buying professional-grade equipment is certainly a better and safer choice than attempting to make do with poorer quality appliances designed only for use in the home.
So, where might you find second-hand commercial catering equipment?
Suppliers of second-hand catering equipment
There are a number of suppliers of reconditioned and refurbished second-hand catering equipment – and the majority these days are of course likely to have a presence on the internet (backed up, of course, by telephone and online enquiry forms).
However, you might want to concentrate your search on those suppliers specialising in the top-quality leading brands that are likely to deliver many more years of professional service once they have been reconditioned and refurbished by an experienced team of experts on hand.
Probably two of the best examples of such top-grade manufacturers are:
- a British company CLASSEQ specialises in the manufacture of both undercounter and pass through commercial dishwashers and glass washers;
- with more than 50 years of experience, their warewashers have gained a well-earned reputation for excellence, reliability, high performance even in the most demanding of service situations;
- its commitment to innovation helps keep the company at the cutting edge of catering equipment manufacturing, with appliances that are built to last;
- founded in Germany, Winterhalter is still a family-run business with offices in Britain that were opened as long ago as 1971;
- the company prides itself in being a byword for professional warewashing solutions – including the machines themselves, water treatment systems, chemicals and accessories;
- you’ll find Winterhalter warewashers – many of them second-hand – in pubs, hotels, restaurants, coffee shops, supermarkets and casual dining clubs.
Taking brands such as these, specialist providers of second-hand catering equipment refurbish the machines and put them through comprehensive and rigorous testing routines to ensure that they are 100% reliable and functioning as new.
Unlike poorer quality appliances, those reconditioned and refurbished by such specialists produce excellent results, allowing you to use dishes and glasses straight from the machines onto the table perfectly clean and glistening. They have none of the smears, limescale or unsightly crystal carbonate deposits that cheaper machines so often leave.
Provided you place your order before midday the day before, some suppliers are able to deliver your order of second-hand machines the following day. They may even provide a professional installation service.